- September 16, 2015
- Posted by: Website Admin
- Category: National News, Uncategorized
President Muhammadu Buhari has said the Nigerian government has started negotiations with members of the Boko Haram sect, with the view to securing the release of the over 200 school girls kidnapped in Chibok, Borno State.
The President made the statement while responding to questions from members of the Nigerian community in France under the auspices of Nigerians in the Diaspora Organisation.
He said his administration was worried by the continued stay of the girls in the hands of their captors and was working tirelessly to get them release, stating that the unfortunate incident had attracted global attention and sympathy within Nigeria which the government could not fold its arms to watch.
President Buhari said one of the conditions given by the group was to release one of its members who had been strategic in developing Improvised Explosives Devices, a demand that the government would not accept.
He assured the gathering that his administration was doing everything possible to improve on the state of the economy through provision of infrastructure in critical sectors.