Fire outbreak consumes family of five

Tragedy struck in Lawanson, Surulere, Lagos early today as a huge fire consumed a family of five persons in the area. The victims included the father, mother, grandmother and two children, a baby and a girl.

The incident took place at 23 Michael Ogun Street, Obele, Lawanson and threw the entire area into confusion and deep mourning. A boy was, however, rescued alive.

The incident happened around 12.10 this morning. “It is an unfortunate incident, it is a very sad day in this area, a whole family roasted in overnight fire, this is sad”, one eyewitness said.

Besides the family of five roasted in the fire, an unidentified man that was sleeping under a mobile truck was also crushed to death while he was fast asleep at Sari Iganmu, Lagos.

Confirming the incidents, Director Fire Service, Lagos state, Mr. Rasaq Fadipe, said both incidents happened.

“Tragedy, a family of 5 persons, father, mother, grandmother, a baby and a girl consumed by fire at No. 21 Michael Ogun Street, Obele, Lawanson.

“A man that slept under a truck was also unknowingly crushed at Sari Iganmu in the midnight,” he said via text messages.



Leave a Reply